Welcome to the Fairfax Industrial Association
Our association represents businesses in the Fairfax business district in Kansas City, KS.
FAIRFAX PROUD: Many do not know the historical significance of Fairfax. The Fairfax District is believed to be the first planned industrial district in the country and currently houses over 130 businesses, employs over 10,000 people and generates over $5.4 billion in annual sales. Business sizes range from very small, one- employee businesses, to large companies, employing more than 3,500 people. Many are world famous: the Fairfax Kellogg’s plant makes 85% of the world’s supply of Cheez-Its, CertainTeed is the largest insulation manufacturing plant in the world, Owens Corning makes the famous Pink Panther insulation and The Fairfax General Motors Assembly Plant is the only plant making the Chevrolet Malibu. Between the 2 Pipe Line Companies (Magellan and Phillips), 95% of the Kansas City metropolitan area’s supply for unleaded gasoline and diesel and 100% of the jet fuel comes out of Fairfax.
The Fairfax District embraces 2,000 acres in a central location of the Kansas City metro area. The district was founded in 1922. The Fairfax Industrial Association, FIA, was established in 1951. The FIA has a board of 12 members representing businesses within the Fairfax District. The FIA Executive Director reports to the FIA board and serves as the liaison between businesses, the FIA board and FIA partners through various platforms including FIA luncheons, newsletters, email blasts, public letters, website and one-on-one meetings.
FIA partners include the Unified Government of Wyandotte County, the KCK PD, the Board of Public Utilities, the Fairfax Drainage District, the Historic Midtown Northeast Association, the KCK Chamber, the Union Pacific Railroad, and the Wyandotte Economic Development Council.
The FIA is supported through resident business memberships and associate memberships. The association works specifically to address the Fairfax business needs and betterment of the district.
Be a part of Celebrating 100 Years of Fairfax!
We will be celebrating 100 years of Fairfax all year long!
This year marks the 100 year anniversary of the Fairfax Industrial Association. Click here to learn more about the many events throughout the year and don’t miss out on sponsorship opportunities as it’s a great way to promote your business. Deadline is July 1st.
We will be celebrating all year long! In order to commemorate this momentous anniversary, we have planned several events this year:
- June 9th from 3 – 5PM: Fairfax Tower Signage Ribbon Cutting Ceremony & Happy Hour: To help celebrate our new Fairfax towers in the district, we will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Fairfax Tower located at Funston Rd & 7th St. We will also have a tent, table, chairs, live music, appetizers, beer and wine. Click here to learn more >>
- The Wyandotte County Museum will showcase a three-month exhibit celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Fairfax from July 5 – September 24th highlighting historic photos, videos and artifacts from the past 100 years. Click here to learn more >>
- July 28th at 7PM: Fairfax Night at the Monarchs – tickets and more details coming soon! Contest for most tickets purchased by one business, wins a suite for the night!
- A special FIA luncheon on Aug 18 at the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library & Museum. Mingle with fellow FIA members and community leaders and experience the newly-renovated Presidential Library in person and experience the unveiling of the new 100th Anniversary video detailing Fairfax’s historic past. This special luncheon will feature a special guest speaker, Esther L. George, president and CEO of the Kansas City Fed and the Tenth District’s representative at the Federal Open Market Committee. Click here to learn more >>
- A special 100th Anniversary FIA Sept 15 luncheon at the Wyandotte County Museum’s 100th Anniversary Fairfax Exhibit. Celebrate with fellow FIA members and community leaders and experience the 100th Anniversary Exhibit in person. Click here to learn more >>
- The 7th annual Fairfax Festival will be held at Kaw Point Park from 3:30 – 7:30 pm. on Thursday Oct 6th, 2022 (rain date is Oct. 13 at the same time). In addition to the usual live music, beer & wine garden, local food, raffle prizes, lawn game tournament and historical boat rides, this year we will have a mini-Wyandotte County Museum at the event for all of the 130 company executives and employees to relish and appreciate enormous community pride in working with one of the United State’s most historic area. There will be opportunities to meet some of original Rosie Riveters (and some reenactors). A special fireworks display at the end of the Festival will commemorate this momentous year for all Festival attendees and Kansas Citians alike. Click here to learn more >>
Thank you to our 2022 Sponsors
Thank you to our Centennial Sponsors: $10,000+
Thank you to our Semi-Centennial Sponsors: $5,000
Thank you to our Quarter Centennial Sponsors: $2,500
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors: $1,500Click here to learn more about our Platinum Sponsorship
Thank you to our Gold Sponsors: $1,000Click here to learn more about our Gold Sponsorship
Thank you to our Silver Sponsors: $750Click here to learn more about our Silver Sponsorship
Thank you to our Bronze Sponsors: $375